Abby wasn’t able to keep anything down Friday so I called to speak with a nurse…after waiting two hours I called and just made an appointment. I knew they would want us to come in anyways since she couldn’t even keep the Pedilyte down. We get there and almost immediately they tell us they want us to go to Children’s. Abby has had a UTI for three weeks, a fever that goes up and down, and now not able to keep anything down…so off we go to the hospital.
It was pure torture to stand there and watch my baby scream and cry while they did blood work, x-rays, etc. I was in tears by the time it was all over. They wanted to admit her for monitoring…and scheduled an ultrasound for Saturday morning. Our stay wasn’t all that great…we didn’t have a room, just a curtain and a screaming child beside us…not screaming in pain, just pitching a fit cause he wasn’t getting his way. It was a very long night to say the least.
Our morning ultrasound turned into a 2pm…right after I got her asleep they came to get us so I carried her down there and she slept through the entire thing. Then no one was able to view the ultrasound results until 5pm…so they gave us a wagon and we took Abby for a wagon ride around the hospital…and she finally got some much needed rest.
All tests look good…she has to get a VCUG scheduled and have a follow-up with her PCP…but she’s home and much happier now. She won’t let her daddy out of her sight…she really missed him. I’m dead tired so I guess I will call it quits tonight.