This is a super cute and inexpensive craft that is also a great gift idea for grandparents, aunts, uncles, or even as a surprise for Mommy or Daddy.
- Blue glass ball ornament
- White acrylic paint
- Orange acrylic paint, paint pen or sharpie
- Fine tip black sharpie
- Other color sharpies to decorate your snowpeople
- Simply paint your child’s hand with the white acrylic paint.
- Place their hand on the glass ball ornament like they are holding the ornament in their palm and cupping the ornament with their fingers. The fingers will be the snowpeople and the palm of the hand is the snow on the ground.
- Let this dry and then paint on a small orange nose with either orange acrylic paint, a paint pen, or a sharpie.
- Use the fine tip black sharpie to create the hats, faces, and buttons on the snowpeople. Be creative with this and add different colors on the snowpeople if desired.
- Write your child’s name and the year on the ornament.
I also type up the following poem and put it on a cute piece of winter paper and place inside the gift box with the ornament to make the gift even more meaningful:
These aren’t just five snowmen
As anyone can see
I made them with my hand
Which is a part of me
Now each year when you trim the tree
You’ll look back and recall
Christmas of (year)
When my hand was just this small
Gillian Eberhart is a mom of 3 small children. She enjoys crafting, scrapbooking and spending time with her children. She also enjoys photography and freelance writing for mybabyclothes.com. Your little bundle of joy will be the hit at any holiday party this year in his dashing baby clothes, or simply darling in a holiday tutu with a matching baby headband.