I just came across this idea when looking online for new things to do for Valentine’s Day crafts. I wasn’t so sure it would work, so I grabbed my kids and we played around to see how it would really work. After all, we all know some things sound better on paper! What we ended up with is a really cute idea that I think I will expound on for Valentine’s Day. The picture I included is our print on paper but I am going to use this idea to make a wooden wall hanging for the Grandparents. Below is what you will need to create the wooden wall hanging.
- Wood- any shape and size to use as the base for your wall hanging.
- Acrylic paint-red, black, and pink
- Ribbon –color of your choice
- Hot glue gun
- Paint pens- color of your choice
- Have children use their hands to make a heart-pinky side of hand. (Think about how tweens make hearts with their hands to show their love for Justin Beiber- that’s the way it should look!)
- Using paint of your choosing, paint the heart shape on the outside of your child’s hand.
- Place firmly on wood.
- Repeat for each child.
- After prints have dried, write child’s name and age under each heart. If child is old enough, have them write their own name.
- On the top of the wood, either you or your child can write with the paint pen, “From our hands to your heart” Happy Valentine’s Day insert name here!
- Use the hot glue gun to secure the ribbon in triangle fashion for hanging on the wall. Wrap and give to that special someone on your child’s life!
**Gillian Eberhart, mom of three, loves to help her children create crafts as gifts for loved ones. Gillian has always been very crafty and enjoys scrapbooking. During her spare time she enjoys freelance writing for mybabyclothes.com. Get your little ones dressed in style in these unique baby clothes, beautiful tutus and stunning baby headbands.**