This is a sweet and simple activity that is sure to be a great gift for anyone on Valentine’s Day. I am using these as gifts for my husband from the kids but these would be great to make in school or church to give as parent or grandparent gifts.
- Printed out copy of poem
- Washable paint in color of your choice (I chose red for Valentine’s Day)
- Construction paper
- Print out poem below in the font and size of your choice.
- Make sure to change name and date to your child. If your child is old enough to write leave the name off and allow them to write their own name on the bottom.
- Paint child’s handprints and place on paper around the poem.
- Cut out hearts in different colors using construction paper and glue around the paper.
- Back with a darker piece of paper to make stand out. (I used black.)
**Gillian Eberhart is a mother of 3 and a military wife. Being creative is something she enjoys and involving her kids in her creativity is always special. She enjoys scrapbooking, photography and freelance writing for mybabyclothes.com. Your little one will be dressed to impress in their chic baby hat, beautiful tutu or stylish baby clothes.**
My note: Oh my gosh, I love this idea! This is so sweet and it would be something really sweet to help Abby make for her daddy! A huge thank you to Gillian for sharing this wonderful craft project!