The love bug craft is an easy craft for kids to make and give as a gift. I make this cute little love bug every year with my kindergarten class. If your kids are using scissors this is a great cutting exercise; if not there is some prep work involved.
- Red, pink and white craft card stock
- Clothes pin
- Self adhesive magnet strip
- Black chenille stem
- Googly eyes
- Paper plate
- Tacky glue
- Red marker
- Hot glue gun
- Doilies (optional)
Trace (or cut out) 2 medium sized hearts (no bigger than the clothes pin) from the card stock. Trace (or cut out) 5 small hearts (about 1 inch). I like to use the other 2 colors of card stock so the kids can alternate to make a pattern. Cut 2 one inch strips from the black chenille.
- Stick the magnet strip to the back of the clothes pin
- Cut out medium hearts (if done by adult, skip to step 3)
- Glue the points of the medium hearts together
- Glue the medium hearts to the center of the front of the clothes pin
- Cut out small hearts (if done by adult, skip to step 6)
- Glue 4 of the hearts together, hearts flowing the same direction, glue the point of the 5th heart to the point of the last heart.
- Paint glue on the entire clothes pin (over the medium wings) and attach the small hearts to the clothes pin
- Glue googly eyes on the love bug’s head
- Draw a mouth on the face
- Adult will hot glue the black chenille stems on the back of the love bugs head for antenna. (You can add doilies to the wings of the love bug)
Send the Love Bug to someone special with a sweet Valentine picture.
**Robin Greene is a mom of two teenagers a Kindergarten teacher. Robin enjoys spending time with her family and freelance writing for mybabyclothes.com. You can find the most unique baby clothes, sweet baby headbands and stylish baby hats.**