With all of us so sick here lately I’ve been keeping the cooking as simple as possible. We have gotten a little bored with the same ole stuff all the time so I decided to try and find something new to try. I came across a few ideas on Pinterest and finally found one that would work for us with a few changes.
The original recipe calls for a Hawaiian style BBQ sauce that is available at Target. Well, since Target is a pretty decent drive and I didn’t feel like getting out in the storms I substituted with Sweet Baby Ray’s which I discovered has pineapple juice concentrate in it when I read the ingredients (yes, I always read the ingredients…gotta make sure my daughter can enjoy it) so it actually ended up working perfectly. This was my first time to use Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce and I’m glad I decided to give it a chance.
The recipe is Hawaiian BBQ Chicken in the crock-pot and it is super easy to make. Not only do you put the chicken in frozen but there are only 3 ingredients! Yep, absolutely perfect for my lazy (sick) day! It ended up being a huge hit with hubby and has now found a permanent spot in my cookbook.
- 4-6 Frozen Boneless Chicken Breasts Thawed
- 1 Bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s Original BBQ Sauce
- 1 20oz can of Pineapple Chunks, drained
- Place the chicken breasts in the crock-pot,
- Add entire bottle of BBQ sauce, covering the chicken,
- Add drained can of Pineapple Chunks on top,
- Cover and cook: 4 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW