Lately I have been trying extra hard to take over most of the cooking. I know hubby is worn out from work and I hate that he often has to come home after a long day and still cook dinner. I’m not much of a cook, I never learned growing up and my cooking skills are quite limited. However, I’m always up for a challenge and have really starting having fun learning new recipes. I asked for a larger crock-pot when Abby joined the family, I collect cookbooks (I love the ones from local churches, schools, fundraisers, etc.) and my new favorite hobby is searching/adding new recipes to my board on Pinterest!
One of our favorites is the Zesty BBQ Chicken. I found this the year Abby was born, it was 4th of July weekend and although we couldn’t grill out I still wanted to do something special. I wanted to be in charge of the cooking so hubby could enjoy the day with Abby. I found this recipe and it ended up being a huge hit! It’s often found on our two-week menu and I’ve made a few changes to better suit what we like. It’s simple, quick to prep and oh so yummy! My favorite part is that the chicken is put in frozen!! It simply doesn’t get any easier than that, especially when you are busy chasing a toddler!!
- 6-8 Frozen Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- 1 (12-18oz) Bottle of BBQ Sauce (I like Cattlemen’s)
- 1/2 Zesty Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire’s Sauce
- Place the frozen chicken tenderloins in the crock-pot.
- In a bowl mix the BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar and Worcestershire’s sauce.
- Pour mixture over chicken,
- Cover and cook. 3-4 hours on HIGH or 6-8 hours on LOW