St. Patrick’s Day is March 17th. Spread the luck of the Irish when you try these easy and fun St. Patrick’s Day crafts in the classroom or at home with your children.
- white construction paper
- green paint
- 3 or 4 marbles
- large shoe box lid or old baking pan
- small paper or plastic cup
- plastic spoon
- wax paper
- Draw large shamrock on white construction paper and cut it out.
- Pour a small amount of green paint on the cup and drop marbles in the cup.
- Place the shamrock in the box lid or baking pan.
- Remove marbles from the cup one at a time with plastic spoon, try to leave access paint in cup. Carefully place marbles around the shamrock.
- Pick up box lid or baking pan and gently tilt it so the marbles will roll across the shamrock. (You can repeat steps 4 and 5 several times to get enough paint on the shamrock.)
- Remove the shamrock from the lid or pan and set on wax paper to dry.
- white craft card stock
- green tissue paper (cut into 1 inch squares)
- Draw a medium sized shamrock on the white craft card stock and cut it out.
- Drop small dots of glue to cover the shamrock.
- Put a green tissue paper square on a dot of glue.
- Place pencil eraser in the center of the tissue paper and gently twist. (you can also crunch the tissue with fingers before placing it on the glue but my kids always roll the tissue into tiny balls)
- Allow to dry
**You can add magnet strips to the back or yarn for hanging.