It’s hard to believe today is the very last day of 2012, this year seems to have just flown by! I think I say that about every year but this time it really does feel like I blinked and suddenly the year was gone. So very much happened this year, both good and bad although I think a few more bad this time. I strongly believe that each experience is worth remembering, even the not so good times because those moments help shape our lives and help us grow. Granted there are some moments I would rather not have experienced but I have learned so much. Everything truly does happen for a reason and I remind myself of this often as I look back at some of the moments I experienced in 2012. We shared some great times together as a family, I didn’t get to stick to my goals of a picture a day and doing as much as possible as a family but I came close! We did so much this year, I can think back to so many moments that bring a smile to my face and even make me giggle. I wouldn’t change anything at all but I am really looking forward to what 2013 has in store for us! I have goals once again and I hope to grow even more as a blogger, as a photographer, to create even more wonderful memories with my family, to watch Abby grown and learn even more and really… I just want to have a great year 🙂
1) I want to once again attempt to capture a picture a day. I tried really hard to accomplish this in 2012 but a few obstacles along the way slowed me down and there for a little while after my grandfather passed away I had no desire to pick up my camera. Photography isn’t a business for me, it’s a love and I want to capture our year in fun photos.
2) I want to learn even more recipes this year. I have come such a long way with my cooking, I went from knowing how to make mac & cheese to being able to cook Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner. I have discovered several great recipes this year (I have shared some, need to post more!) and I have a long list of recipes to still try.
3) I want to finally declutter and get organized! This seems almost impossible but I’m trying really hard this new year to finally accomplish this task!
4) I want to spend even more time with my family. I want us to do even more in the new year, we did so much this year and it’s been wonderful creating all these wonderful memories and spending this time together. To experience new adventures together and experience many firsts for Abby.
5) okay, I have to add this one in here. I want to really buckle down and lose all this extra weight. Not so much for the whole “lose weight and look great” but more to be healthier and to be able to do more with Abby. This year will be my year!!
Okay my list is a little short right now but it will grow as I think of things. As I was cooking dinner tonight I thought of many things but my memory is terrible and of course I forgot several by the time I could write them down 🙂 What about you? What are some of your goals for the New Year??