Sharing Lysol Healthing with you couldn’t have come at a better time. Keeping my family healthy is so very important to me, especially during peak “illness” seasons such as cold and flu since Abby can’t have a flu shot. With hubby’s job, there’s definitely an endless supply of germs he can bring home to her plus any time she is sick I end up catching whatever she has and if I’m not careful we can pass it back and forth. There are hundreds… thousands… of surfaces that we all touch just within the house so it’s not just about keeping my family healthy but also about keeping our home healthy! Sure, we all try to keep a clean home but I now try to have a healthy home for my family.
1. Don’t let spring cleaning overwhelm you – take it one room at a time and stock up on products that will help you to get the job done effectively, including LYSOL® products, paper towels, sponges, and trash bags.
2. Know the difference between cleaning and disinfecting! Both are important components of the Healthing process and LYSOL® has products that can help with all related tasks. While cleaning and organizing is certainly important, killing germs on commonly touched surfaces can lower the risk of spreading bacteria and viruses between members of the family.
3. Start with the basics – wipe down easy to reach surfaces and then move onto the little nooks and crannies.
4. Remember to dust around wall art, photographs and woodwork.
5. Use a disinfectant product, like LYSOL® Disinfecting Wipes, to help ensure you’re killing germs as you clean, and think beyond the usual places. Be sure to clean even the smallest surfaces, such as light switches.
6. Don’t forget to disinfect places that you don’t see or think about often, like the door knobs, cabinet handles or sink drains.
7. Make it a family activity and tailor tasks to specific age groups. Give younger children simpler, one-step tasks like dusting or picking toys up off the floor, and save the more complex jobs, such as vacuuming, scrubbing, and disinfecting for older members of the family.
8. Remember to practice proper hand washing as well after you clean, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer. Hand washing is the single most important thing you can do to prevent illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
To help spread the word about Healthing, LYSOL and television personality Giuliana Rancic have partnered together to visit YMCAs in select markets across the country to demonstrate Healthing in action. At each YMCA location, LYSOL will provide attendees with hands-on education about the products and steps required to practice improved hygiene habits in their own home, while making the idea fun and relatable to kids. LYSOL will also provide educational information and disinfecting products to the local YMCAs, along with the donation of a one-year membership to a deserving family.
Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for LYSOL®. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.